420G garage find

My local Ontario Jaguar Club notified me of this car that had to be moved, as the building has been sold.

It is quite rusty, but has shown a little life once a new battery was installed. The motor turns.

It has the complex AC unit in the truck, and electric windows. Cool.

I’ll post more pictures as I work on it. It will likely be parted out.

Cheers,

Rob

1 Like

Cool.
Any pictures from the interior?

Thanks Peder,

I gave it a wash today, and cleaned the leaves from under the hood. It’s an 1968.

The engine turns over by the starter motor.

It’s turning cold here now, but in time I’ll see if it will run.

Cheers,

Rob

It looks too good to break !, Is this not J L ? , You’ll have it restored in no time !

2 Likes

As noted this is a easily buffed out example. Your interior was much better than mine and should jump back to perfection with the proper leather treatment. Minor rust can be fixed over time. Let us know when it is running and post a video.

Looks better than mine when I got her. Interior looks great except for the front seat. Maybe a good candidate as a survivor car. A color sand and buff may do wonders to the paint. Looks too good to part out.

Micah

It has the rare made of unobtaneum emergency electric window crank in the boot, therefore you must fix the car.

2 Likes

So last weekend, I had some buddies over, and after a few beers, we got inspired, and totally restored the car: new paint, tires, swapped in a 4 speed OD, wire wheels etc.
Now it’s for sale:

Rob

1 Like

I agree with Micah that vehicle looks restorable and you may ask $US 2-3K imo

If it does not sell, they are worth more in parts, but you end up working for less than the minimum wage, ( probably the Mexican minimum wage)

1 Like

Comparable to our minimum wage in Germany 2015-2018…

To restore the peace you may want to show us the rust and other damage, if it is all like the left rear wheel arch it’s not as great as one may think but it’s not been messed with over the years and appears to be mostly complete scrapping it would hurt.

You did a bit of a cheap repair on the rh stainless muffler in picture 189. Disappointing…

I wonder what that’s about? Resonance?

The little tags are from falcon…

1 Like

It might, with a good upholstery shop, be able to match and replace the torn flat panels of the drivers seat bottom. Clean and leave the rest for some patina.

1 Like

Ungortunately Jaguar used cheaper, thinner hides. I have seen so many drivers’ seats tear apart like on your photos. Same story on my Mk9. I doubt that RR and Bentleys used the same hides.

Maybe….trying to make it sound like a proper mild steel system by tacking a piece onto it? Wonder if it works :thinking:

Well, it seems no one thought my ‘weekend resto’ post was even remotely humorous.

Okay, I can take it.

I do hope this car is sold whole, but the rust in lower surfaces is extensive - see pix.

Rob

I knew it wasn’t that good. :smiling_face_with_tear:

The steel bot maybe for resonance (don’t know nothing) but the kind of steel won’t influence the sound.

Flinstones car. Part it out.

Micah

1 Like

Eeek…:exploding_head::scream:

I am no fan of the 420G, in fact, I actually detest them, but it’s a shame that that one is that far gone.

But it’s at $ 22000 already! 5 days to go?!