56 140 front brake fittings problem

Hello experts,
The 140 I am working on had no brake lines at all. The mounts for the rubber hose fittings on the front shock towers were cut off. I welded on new mounts for the hoses. I am fitting new brake lines to the front and the hoses I have purchased don’t seem to have enough length to reach from the brake cylinders to the mounts. Its a tight stretch when the wheels are facing straight ahead, but turn the wheels and the hoses pull out of the mounts.
I’ve sent pictures to the supplier and they said I must have something set up wrong but couldn’t tell me what. Can anyone determine from the pictures posted what the problem is?
I’ve thought that with the full weight of the car down on the wheels with engine/body etc may give the needed length but I’m skeptical. I’ve tried to find comparable images on line to no avail. The hoses are are 14.5" end to end.
Any suggestions?
thanks,
mike

Looking at Viairts book, it shows the flexy going to the front of the back plate not the rear like yours, although mine is the same as yours. It also states all 3 flexies are 15"

Yes, my '55 was the same as Jim’s before I dismantled it. It seems the rear cylinder is the one that should have the hydraulic supply - Viart shows this on p.177. I’m not sure you have your new welded bracket in the right place - if you look at my photo, it is directly above the mounting nuts for the top fulcrum bar.
Note the extra care taken over safe storage of the instrument panel during dismantling. Can’t believe I did that…

Roger

Here’s a photo of my N/S bracket, viewed from the front of the car looking back:

Note it is right-angled, placing it further outboard.
Roger

edit - yep, I think that’s your problem - just enlarged your photo and I think your bracket is set too far towards the car centreline.

Well I’ll be doggoned, that’s it. I have no idea why those brackets were cutoff in the first place but it looks like I just need to extend them more outboard like you say.
That’s an easy fix, and I appreciate your quick responses. Will send update when corrected.
thanks again!
Mike

The easiest fix would be to just get a custom hose length made, but apart from problems remembering if ever need to replace them later, there may be knock-on effects with body clearance etc. that is not easy to foretell here.
Yes, I’d get the grinder and welder out again!

Roger

edit - thinking about it, they may not have been cut off but could have fractured off when some clumsy ‘mechanic’ tried to remove the old hoses. If you just put a spanner on the nut and turn it, you can easily break the bracket off. You MUST use the appropriate spanner on the hex section of the hose to brace it. The brackets on my car are slightly bent where this has obviously happened in the past, just not enough to break them.

Just to let you know, the bracket extends outwards by 1" from the weld, then bends forward through 90˚. I assume you know where the weld is on the suspension turret.

I have made the adjustment to the brackets and everything seems to be in order. Again, I appreciate your assistance Big Jim and Roger.
I suspect this will not be the last time I will be asking for your help.
Mike

Excellent! Glad it worked.