56-57 XK140 C type Jaguar Engine

It was hot today so I haven’t done any more with it. I’m very confident the numbers match. Assuming they do, can anyone tell me what it is worth? Or can I ask that here? Thanks Connie

If it’s a good, buildable engine, I’d hazard a guess of between $3000 to $5000.

A great deal depends on whether it is stuck or can be turned with a wrench on the front damper bolt. If it is stuck with rust it might be in the $1000 range. If the block is cracked from frozen water $500.

1 Like

Thank you. That helps me.

Connie

Hi Connie, I was wondering if your engine is still available? I have a '56 XK140 OTS with no engine! Thanks, James

yes still available.

Connie

Hi Connie,

I’m just checking to see if you received my email. I am interested in your XK140 engine as it seems to be just like the one missing from my car.

Please let me know what you are looking for in terms of price.

Thanks,

James

James Grady

Senior Account Manager

TC.Transcontinental Vancouver

(778) 229-4184

James.grady@tc.tc

James,

I don’t know what it is worth. That is why I contacted the Jag website hoping someone could give me some idea. I sent pictures. I’ve bought some paint remover to clean of the block to prove the numbers match, but haven’t had a chance to work on it. I’m confident that they match. I’ll try to get if cleaned and pictures taken soon.

As for getting the engine. I don’t know anything about shipping an engine. My husband had several strokes last year, and just got out of the hospital 2 weeks ago with Afib. He can’t package it. We’re both in out 60’s. We would need to talk about that.

you could text me and we can discuss further. send me your number and I will text you mine.

Thanks
Connie

| OhGrady James Grady
September 20 |

• | - |

Hi Connie,

I’m just checking to see if you received my email. I am interested in your XK140 engine as it seems to be just like the one missing from my car.

Please let me know what you are looking for in terms of price.

Thanks,

James

James Grady

Senior Account Manager

TC.Transcontinental Vancouver

(778) 229-4184

James.grady@tc.tc

Hi Connie,

I’m sorry to miss your phone call and for not getting back to you sooner. I have looked into shipping but most places want the engine to be packaged for transport already. Plus the cost of shipping is exorbitant!

As you saw from the jag club member regarding value, as is the engine is only worth about $500 (cdn) to me as there is no way to tell what the condition is.

Let me know if you’d like me to continue to pursue shipping options based on this price.

Regards,

James

Where is this engine, city or state, country?

Thank you for your interest. I’m sorry, but that won’t work for me and I promised not to try and sell on this site. Any further emails need to be outside of the forum. Thank you for trying.

Hamilton, Missouri, USA

Connie,

Just put it in the classifieds section of this site, you will get a lot more people seeing it as well.

Matt

Close to Kansas City and not that far from St Louis and the western Chicago suburbs. That’s a big population. Shipping won’t be a problem. Someone who can come get it will buy it. List it in the Classifieds section.