57 Mark 7 Saloon

Hi Guys…I recently found large pieces of a Mark VII saloon in the woods…I recovered the bonnet ornament, but there are quiet a few usable parts left on the car. The engine is still in it, and is contained in the engine compartment. The bumpers are present, don’t appear damaged, but would need chroming. Front fenders, but not much else is there. Is there any interest in any of these parts?

I found one like this one time in California. Abandoned on the property and the property owner said get it out of there if you want. A colleague and I salvaged the instruments and the rest was collected by Jaguar Heaven based in Stockton California.

If you are sure it is a '57 and can get the chassis number or the engine serial number stamped in front of the front spark plug, there is always interest among XK140 owners who want to return their cars to original spec engine parts. That number and the number stamped on the horizontal shelf where the oil filter is attached will identify it, or even pictures would help.

correct original Cheney hose clamps can be worth a bit, same reason as Rob said

Would not a 57 be a MKVIII?

The MKVIIM was not discontinued till July '57, overlapping MKVIII production by 9mths
(as per Thorley)

VIIM are from '55-57 and refer to upgraded engine from MKVII

MKVIII have chrome body waist strips

And keep in mind, at least in the USA, going by model year only could be problematic as back before 1968 a car still in distributor or dealer inventory at the end of the normal model year change over for US built cars, September-October, could be updated to the next model year and sold as such. That practice ended in 1968 when emissions and safety equipment became more comprehensively legislated by model year and date of manufacture.