63 ots clutch r and r

with the differential out, can the clutch be easily replaced?
ed

I’m no expert, but as far as I know the clutch can only be “easily” replaced with the engine out.

Scott is right. Engine and transmission have to be pulled out together.
Dennis 69 OTS Also

1 Like

Correct: there really is no shortcut.

Yes, all you need to do now is pull the engine with the transmission and then replace the clutch.

Sorry for t he bad news, but as Scott, Dennis and Paul pointed out you will have to drop the engine with the transmission attached and then do your magic with the clutch.

And while you are in there. . . . . :laughing:

john, youre getting forgetful, remember the
bonnet too has to come off🤣

Well, I believe if you brought the engine and trans out the bottom the bonnet could theoretically stay on. But again, my expertise is only from reading this forum.

Correct - removing the bonnet is not really required for dropping the engine (though I found it helpful to have it removed for other reasons).

I’m learning! (And twenty)

No, it doesn’t. Also, you need not pull the seats or the console. Just remove the shift knob, the jam nut, and the engine will come out the bottom.

You also can do it w/o dropping the front suspension.

As usual - if you want to know the shortcuts ask someone who has done this for money.

1 Like

dropping engine out the bottom is possible but my car has carbs and carb manifold. :wink:
removing bonnet seems easier.

Because it is. Obviously I left out many more steps than “remove the Bonnet”.

Well, removing the intake manifold and carbs, as a unit, isn’t a cake walk, but it is doable.

By all means, go ahead and do it out the top: I have done many E Type engine removals, and out the bottom is easier.