'66 FHC HD8SU Rebuild Questions: Choke, Spacers + Springs; plus Nylon Insulator

Been few years since I took my '66 FHC SUHD8 system off; the rear-ward accelerator return-spring, does this look right ? The spring fouls against the vac port. Also, the middle return spring is fouled against the accelerator shaft. The newer type intake port SU spacers look much thicker than the factory spacers; so much wider that the studs lack enough room for split-spring-loaded washers.

Lastly, the Choke Pin gizmo, part number ? I have it somewhere but where ?

As an aside, anyone know what the part number is for the battery B+ feed/insulator that sits above the alternator’s external voltage regulator ?

Many thanks,
Patrick
'66 FHC

The triangular piece goes under the manifold, attached to the rearmost and second from rearmost studs. To stop the middle spring from fouling the shaft you need to bend the lower end of the bracket toward the engine. The choke pin gizmo is called a clevis pin, available from the usuals. I reused my old carb spacers.

It also appears you have the spring lever on the carb spindle set too high. It should be horizontal at rest to position the end of the spring toward the engine.

Just noticed this. That’s the terminal post assembly. C.22257

As an aside, I made my own clevis pin, drilled a hole the size of the wire in a small bolt far enough out that I could slip the bolt through then a nut inside the wire and a nut on the outside of the wire which could be tightened against the choke wire.
Think it was a # 32 bolt IIRC.
Cheers,
LLynn

Btw, you’re welcome.

Thank you Nickolas, I ordered the battery terminal as well as the clevis for choke cable. haven’t yet adjusted the SU return springs so they don’t rub on the shafts.

I gave up on Porsche due to the unfriendly forums, so I went back to the EType (but sadly I sold back then the coupe that I brought over from UK and a drop head that I had for 3$ back when).

Take care,

Patrick
'66 FHC