66 MK10 A/C compressor

A/c compressor leaking from shaft. Compressor tag reads : G028124:
TA 20915840
York 105
Borg Warner. Any ideas appreciated.

I think most now are converting to Sanden compressors on cars that originally had Yorks. Sandens are lighter and more efficient and there are kits to modify the mounting bracket as I recall.

I would like to keep this completely original as best I can. Previous owner painted and redid seats/door panels. but thats it. Original spare and tool kit which has never been used. Wood in great condition. Hope I can find fix for that seal leak. Thanks for input.

I would change out the spare for when you need it, it’s likely perished now, see James Love photo regarding his old ‘S’ type

You have a York 209, for which the seal is available and they are easy to overhaul

I have forgotten almost all I know, but if you do a search under my username “awg”, York as a keyword, in Saloons, you will probably find my writeup

The issue is the shaft may need a speedi-sleeve for the mainshaft, but its a regular size, 7/8" I think

here is things that may help

12.pdf (1.2 MB)

(how to service shaft seal)

DSCF6523-crop

(I did this)

Google and Youtube will probably be instructive

Found a guy who does a/c, gave him the particulars and he said bring it in, no problem so will let you know outcome. Thanks for all the input.
Now have to wait for son-in-law to come and disconnect hoses, tried and could not move, reminded me I’m almost 83. But not giving up!