679526 work on interior

While I wait for Nick and Merril (sp) to return as well as waiting for the radiator I have cleaned uptake interior. I have removed all the carpet and felt. Since someone used spray adhesive when laying the felt much of it stuck to the metal.

With that cleaned up I am looking at what I need to do when putting in the carpet. What is typically used between the floor and the felt? After the felt is the carpet. Does the carpet run under the seats?

What covers the door sill? See pictures.

Is there supposed to be a metal or plastic piece here? It would be good to plan for this.

Nothing on the sills except oval covers over those round holes with the two screw holes.
Felt may have had tar on one side to stick it down, not sure about that though.
Carpet under the seats, with plywood strips under the runners covered with rexine or moquette.

Alrighty then, thank you for the help! These seats were on carpet attached to the floor with no runners. Baltic birch ply? Is that OEM or can other type of wood product be used? The they are covered with Moquette, rexene, or leather which then goes on top of the carpet. Is this a correct understanding?

The 4 holes that are in the door sills have no covers. So will need to locate 4 for installation.

On the topic of interiors, what fits into the space between the door opening and the parcel box? Have a look at the picture.

I suppose there is a wooden panel covered with the same material as the seat runners or perhaps the fabric that the headliner is made from?

The seat runners sit on a block of 3/8" Baltic Birch to raise them up above the carpet, otherwise they would drag and tear up the carpet.

The screws go through into a steel tapped plate below the main floor panel.

Only the rear holes in the sills get the oval covers. The fronts are covered by the carpet. For reasons unknown the screw holes are not centered on the main holes, so the oval covers don’t quite cover the main holes. I’ve confirmed this on several other cars.
IMG_20210706_142010333

The side panel between the door and parcel box is aluminum, covered with Rexine the same as the door panel and the front of the parcel box, and held on with 3 screws. The top and front edge are folded over 90 degrees.

1 Like

Good information and thank you. I suppose I can get the oval covers at the usual parts houses? The same for the fabric and carpet?

It will take some time but I’ll get it together eventually.
Maddy

I’m wondering if this applies to the OTS cars as well?