679526 XK120FHC FHC Transmission mounts

Anyone like to surmise what caused the transmission mounts to look like this?

I discovered this when I removed the fuel lines going to the engine.

Maddy

Oil leaking on them for umpteen years would do that.
You have the later type C4304 spool mounts, even though your chassis number is listed among the early types.

The C4476 shield was supposed to protect it.
C4476 and C4308 with remnants of C4304
Presumably you have the C5805 Bracket Assy for Rear Engine Mountings, i.e the part welded onto the chassis cross member.
Funny these parts are listed in the engine section rather than the chassis section.
Also it would appear that this nullifies our supposed reliable cutoff point for when the spools and bracket C5805 replaced the flat mount and bracket C3406 on the chassis.

I will give the area a look and get a couple of shots of what I have in place Tuesday. I have a busy day today then we can discuss further what my XK needs.

Maddy

I was able to get a photo this morning.

Maybe I have to clear off some crud to get a better idea what pieces there are to match what you posted.

Maddy

Here are some pictures of the other side of the the car where the transmission is mounted. The drive line tunnel looks to me like a replacement is necessary. My question is should the piece in front of it from the gear shift to the bulkhead, would that need replacing as well in order for the new transmission tunnel to fit properly?

Maddy