68 E Type Bumper Mounting Hardware

Darn, not I have to find something else to do. :grinning:

Seriously, thanks for the input. I need to find a chrome plater I can trust that I can also personally visit to drop off and retrieve parts. I’d like to have the entire rear bumper assembly , and front blades redone. The front over riders and motif bar are new.

Do they look as good from the front, a nice straight line? Mine were a frowny face when I got it. Due to the limitation of the side lights, which can’t be adjusted, I had to file the inboard bonnet holes down to get the whole assembly more or less straight. The driver’s side still has a slight look of consternation unfortunately but it’s greatly improved.

Oh and if the slope of the bottom of the over rider bugs you and you’re plating it anyway, you could always just grind it flat.

John – The centerline of your bumper looks to be parallel to the floor, which appears proper to me.

I think the over rider is a tough call. If you square up the bottom edge with the bumper centerline and floor, my guess is that the over riders will look as if they are leaning too far back. My eye is drawn more to the vertical line created by the leading edge of the over rider. If you strike a vertical line through the curve of the leading edge, it averages vertical in your photo.

However, your photo crop is rotated a degree or so clockwise past vertical. After rotating the crop to true vertical, with the horizon line now parallel to the bottom edge of your photo, the over riders will appear to be tipping forward a bit more. We are splitting hairs, though.

Jim
68 E Type OTS

I mentioned above that there is no facility for adjusting the over riders. It’s not entirely true. The way to do it is pretty challenging though. You have to reshape the Pac Man mouth of it with a small grinder, removing material from one side, top to tilt up and bottom to tilt down. You also have to remove a bit from the corner of the mouth to allow it to slip on more so that the now wider mouth doesn’t have extra width and wobble. I really don’t think I’d bother on John’s

And I don’t think John is going to bother on John’s either.

What does it look like, 30 feet in front of the car?

That view will tell you if Lola has droopyitis…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: