68 Wiring diagram

Hi people, where can I find a wiring diagram for my 68 E Type… esp wires in the dizzy area. white / black, and Green and blue stripe…

The Haynes manual, the factory manual, are must-haves.

1 Like

I use the diagram book sold by XKs - easier because they have a separate page for each sub-system (e.g. charging, lights, etc). Simpler to follow the circuit and trouble-shoot plus lots of room on each page to write notes and add modifications.

This is a wiring diagram (created by one of our own) I have modified to reflect what is in my car (no AC, manual trans). It is still a work in progress but should be >95% accurate for a '68 Series 1.5. My car is a very early Series 1.5 but I don’t believe they changed the wiring harnesses during the model year. The distributor is in the upper right corner. Let me know if you want a higher resolution version and I can email it to you.

2 Likes

Hi Doug, hey if you could please send me a hi res copy… I will then get it blown up at store…email is … silver007@telus.net
where are u located… I am in Vancouver area in BC… Art…Many thx…

I find this one on the Coolcat site to be helpful

David
68 E-type FHC

I printed a copy of that wiring diagram using my printer’s best setting and took it to Staple. They blew it up to about 18 X 24 inches and laminated it. I have it hanging on the wall in the garage. It makes a handy, easy to read reference.

thx David , I too will download and take to Staples, get it big as possible…

Here is a series 2 that is in the archives. I had it blown up to 11x17 on heavy paper and laminated for about $2.50 at the local Pennysaver

XKE_Series_2_Wiring.pdf (215.4 KB)

Laminating is a great idea and makes it a more useful tool. I did that with the wiring diagrams on my boat and then used whiteboard pens to scribble notes, voltages, etc while troubleshooting. A quick erase and it was ready for the next (and invariable) electrical problem.

1 Like

@c1nicole … a good resource, for your kitty!

1 Like

1, not a good idea to post email addresses to a global forum.
2, why not just print off the wiring diagram from the link in the above post?

2 Likes

Or email yourself a copy, take your phone to Office Depot (or the like) and have blueprint-sized color print made (and laminated?).

Thanks Robin
I thought incorrectly that they were better emailed in this topic and I’ve since deleted my post.
regards