69 BW8 auto tranmission mount location

Hi does anyone have pics showing the 69 2+2 transmission (BW8 auto) mount location? Car dissembled 8-9 years ago parts??? I see XK/moss has the parts but do not see a place on the tranny or motor to mount what appears to be THIS vertical mount, spring , bushings pins etc.
74 years old and tired of trying to figure this stuff out. Not a Gearhead!

Thanks

Larry

The BW8 trans support is largely the same as used on the manual cars. The support plate bolts to the body, the pin screws into the trans, the spring is sandwiched between an upper and lower rubber cup which fits into a metal retainer.

. Look just in front of the mufflers. Best results.

Larry;
I have a 70 2+2 with a BW 8 Trans. I think it is the same as the 69.
Here are three photos of the mount pin on the rear of the transmission. I can’t find any of the plate or spring or the two rubber gaskets, sorry.
1-034 2-036
The first picture shows the foam pad covering the transmission. The mount pin sits just below the rear output flange.
3-042
Hope these help.

Regards, Joel.

Thanks for the photos

Larry

Thanks for the photo.

Larry

Joe,
another queston on the transmission mount. I can see where the locating pin bolts to the transmission. But having ordered all the parts showing on the parts diamgram XK Unlimited page 42, What secures the locating pin on the bottom side. It is not threaded but has a orifice on the bottom end.???

Thanks
Larry

;Another queston on the transmission mount. I can see where the locating pin bolts to the transmission. But having ordered all the parts showing on the parts diamgram XK Unlimited page 42, What secures the locating pin on the bottom side. It is not threaded but has a orifice on the bottom end.???

Thanks
Larry

XKs Unlimited

Illustration item 3

Additional Images - Click to Enlarge

Jaguar E-Type Transmission Mounting Pin - CO-21336

All 4.2 E-Types, manual or automatic.
Sold Per: Each
Estimated Quantity Available: 4

$16.99

Item Inquiry Tell a Friend

Description

WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm

Visit: www.p65warnings.ca.gov

Details

Categories

Shipping Information

• Requires Shipping: Item Requires Shipping
  • Weight: 0.3 lbs.

XKs Unlimited

Illustration item 3

$16.99

Description

Details

Categories

Illustration item 3

$16.99

Description

Details

Categories

Shipping Information

Shipping Information

It is designed to slide and maybe a washer and split pin? On the XJs the same design is applied: centre bolt, and rubber sandwiched spring; the bolt passes through a rubber grommet but the spring does all the support.

If you go through this thread there is advice to just leave it out, describing it as an assembly aid from factory.

David

Larry;
The pin just ‘sits’ in the hole. Nothing fastens it in place. Some have suggested there was a pin in the hole during shipment but that is moot in this case.

Regards, Joel.

1 Like