69 XKE 4.2 automatic transmission dip stick

Can someone with a XKE 4.2 with automatic transmission please send me a picture of it for my 69 and give me dimension. It is not available and I am going to have to have to find a dip stick I can modify to work for my car?

Thanks
Larry Smith

2nd Request, Anyone???

Larry

I’ve got a couple out of a late-model XJ6, that you are welcome to, if they are anything close.

Larry;
After I return from Elkhart Lake, WI I will pull the dip stick from the auto transmission measure it and do some photos of it and post them on this site. I should have it done by a week from Wednesday.
Hope the delay won’t cause a big problem. My car is a 70 2+2 with a stock BW 8 transmission. Suspect it is the same as in your car.

Regards, Joel

Joel,
Thanks, enjoy the lake. It will be 98 here in Liberty Hill, Texas today,

Larry

Larry;
Here are a couple of photos of my dip stick for my BW 8 transmission. Hope they help.
1-cplAZRNavUMV062ZArLLbQjpSfzc1yg
The head of the dip stick is 2 3/8" to the ‘stop flange’, and from the stop flange to the tip of the dip stick it measures 21 1/4". The rigid tip of the dip stick which has the ‘full’ and ‘low’ marks measures 3" from the end of the ‘spring’ to the tip of the dip stick. The low mark is 1/2" from the dip and the ‘full’ mark is 1 1/8" from the low mark. The ‘spring’ part of the dip stick (flexible portion) measures 16 1/2". It appears to me to be the ‘outside’ (protective sheath) of a throttle cable on a mower I used to have. The thick portion that fits into the upper part of the dip stick receptacle is 1 3/4" long.
The piece that fits into the upper portion of the tube is about 19/32" in diameter. The spring wire tube is 1/4" in diameter.

2-cplAeMtxUAFW4greRTvuQpo_FV4DhtS
This shows the dip stick in place. The round flange is 1 5/8" in diameter.
Hope this helps. regards, Joel.