'71 XKE S2 OTS - Door Chrome

Hi All,

I didnt see any posts on how the upper door chrome window rubber seal is attached to the outer upper door chrome…

So thought a few pictures are needed. I did this procedure today to attach the rubber trim to the chrome piece.

One other thing worth noting is that the metal clips that attach the rubber to the Chrome finisher have to be used the right way round. Maybe a previous owner had used the wrong clips on my car, but each clip had sharp corners on one side, that were bent outwards, presumably to grip better. The PO of my car had installed the clips with the sharp corners towards the glass - hence the fine vertical scratches on each side window. Fortunately, I rarely have the windows up…

Hi David,

Thant said, are mine installed the correct way? sharp teeth corners toward the inside, round smooth corners towards the outside? Thanks, Bob

Bob,

From what I can see you’ve got the rounded side of the clip next to where the glass will go (the inside), which presumably means that the sharp corners (out of sight in the photos) are towards the chrome (the outside of the car). This is correct.