'71 XKE S2 OTS - Rear Deck Trim Cards

Hi All,

Could someone please post a picture or two of how the rear deck trim cards are installed.
Please refer to my pictures… Do the two pieces overlap? Or does this does smaller section line up to the longer rear section? If the two pieces line up, then the small piece extends beyond the b-pillar. Comments? Pictures? Thanks! Bob

yes they overlap. the screw you already have in the back piece holds both.
You need to install the top mounting bracket before the lower trim piece I see you already have in place.

Also. you need to install the tenax snap stud and locate the two mounting screw holes before you continue. thee should be a block of wood behind this trim section the screws go into

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the pictures and help!

Question, since the top mounting bracket sits in front of the trim piece, why does this need to be installed first?
Thanks, Bob

Bob,

It doesnt have to be before the piece you are asking about, but it looked to me like you already installed the vertical piece that goes to the floor. you need to be able to reach thru the half moon cutout to reach the nuts on the bottom of the convert top bracket.

before you secure everything or put on the chrome hardtop mount make sure you install the bracket, thats all

Bob