'71 XKE S2 OTS - Seat Belts

Hi All,

Please take a look at the retractable seat belts from my friends XKE. These are lap belts only.

Does anyone else have these? How are the 3 points connected? I know that one attaches to the trans tunnel. I do see a threaded hole on the rear floor behind the seats )this may be where the retractable piece goes???.

Where is the third connection point? Many thanks! Bob

Bob this was posted only a couple days ago…
look below for the 3 point seat belts thread.

Bob, generally with retractable belts the spool mechanism is on the shoulder belt, so I’d expect that the spool would mount on the flat part in front of the rear edge of the convertible top. That’s where the threaded attachment is for the shoulder belt in an OTS.

However, although this will be okay when the top is up, I suspect it will be less okay when the top is down. I have the fixed, not retractable kind mounted there so it’s all quite flat. I think most people fabricate right angle extension brackets that attach to those factory holes on one end and allow the spool to sit against the vertical part of the bulkhead in front of the horizontal part. They’d need to be fairly robust to survive an actual crash event without bending.

Hi Bob,
Chris Vine’s web page (http://etype.chrisvine.com/tag/seat-belts/) has an excellent article on the fitting of seat belts. I have found this site invaluable in restoring my series 2 roadster
regards,
Greg