73 S3 2+2 Fresh Air Intake Tubes

I have had a difficult time finding replacement fresh air intake tubes that are strong enough to not crumple when working on the car and yet easy to install. I have tried some from the normal sources and not happy. These are pricey for the lack of good quality. Anyone find a good replacement set of air tubes that will hold up?

If you have a scrapyard near you then you ought to find that the XJS used exactly the same hoses (although a different length) as the etype ones between the the fresh air intakes under the bonnet and the bulkhead foot panels but on the XJS, they are somewhere between the scuttle and the centre console.

kind regards
Marek

I bought mine from Autozone or Advance Autoparts. Holding up well, but mind you, the car hasn’t been on the road much.
PS: Do you mean the ones going from the fresh air intakes by the front shocks to the foot well ?

Yes, the fresh air hoses from the intakes by the front shocks. The ones I bought from local big box auto parts stores aren’t holding up well. They crush easily and are a bear to install without crushing or crimping them. Seems like a rubber flex line would be more resistant to getting damaged. Jim

This maybe a long shot but I vaguely recall a poster in the past that said they used a shop vac hose as a replacement for the fresh air hoses coming into the car from the front. Can’t speak to it myself as I haven’t had to replace mine.
Cheers,
Lynn

Ah yes Lynn… using a vacuum cleaner hose has the bi-product of automatically keeping the carpets clean no matter what the weather. On a more serious note, any 2"(?) hose will work, but it isn’t a size which is easy to come by.

kind regards
Marek

Thanks everyone. I’ll see what I can find on McMasters web site. They seem to have everything. Jim