'76 XJS re commission

I could set up house keeping in that space, “as is” !!!

does the plan harken back to the days that barns became stylish or at least basic homes.

A decade or so ago, two existed nearby. but doomed to developers… Gone…

Carl

So what you’re saying is, 1/2" line from drain on main tank to fuel filter and then to pump inlet?

I think the biggest downside might be the loss of a gallon or so of tank capacity.

correct …no running problems …used a fairly good sized fuel filter, Wix 33299 and then to the pump and then the Jaguar filter after the pump…this seems to be fine and I don’t race so don’t worry about gas sloshing to one side and I try not too get a low tank level… it just eliminated possible smells (still working on that)…It has occurred to me that there are a lot of things that can be eliminated …and improvements that many jaglovers have come up with…

If it were possible to vent that large fuel filter and connect the vent into the vent system for the tank, that little mod would be perfect. As it is, it might gradually collect air in the filter and eventually push some through the fuel line – although I’m not sure that’d hurt anything as the injector hose connections on the fuel rail all point downward so any air would presumably slip right past them and on into the return circuit.

Still, not sure why bother with this mod. The surge tank, while seeming a needless complication, doesn’t really hurt anything and normally doesn’t cause any problems. Of course, in OEM configuration there’s a pickup screen in there and it’d be tough to put a pickup screen in the main tank, but I recommend doing away with the pickup screen anyway and fitting an inline fuel filter instead.

I’ve noticed some rust appearing around the door sills on my XJ-S. Has anyone used Dinitrol rc900 before? I’ve been looking at the rust converter spray that appears easy to apply. I plan to repair the corrosion and respray the door panel section myself.