86 XJ6 Series III - Water in intake manifold

Reminds me of a couple of my ancient critters of old.

1. EC, the younger brother of a school chum was a bit nuts. he thought it great sport to press the starter button an a 'raggedy" 34 Ford coupe. In spite of much abuse, the car ran well. Older brother did a swap with a local amateur car butcher. Toothless engine for a “toothed” one. It craned and ran. alas, cracked block, Oil became soup. It lubed that way??? I swapped a pistol for it. As I worked in a full service station, used oil was in plentiful supply. At times, real good stuff.
    thousand mile changes from cream puff cars !!

2. I and a workmate rebuilt the engine in my 37 Ford. several errors. But, it ran great, for a while!!! Busted the crank at the center main!!! As a student, I had no more money to do it again. But, school chum, Roy was fixing the hand me down 39 Ford. Including a swapped rebuild for the Mercury engine that ran great but ate oil!! We found a crank and put it in. it went to the dealer as the core. I cleaned up the Mercury and installed it in my 37. OK!! Same solution. good oil, cheap.
    Sold off to some guys that made a “jalopy racer” of it. I got to see it win the “main” at a local track !!! ,

Engine swaps done with a chain fall hung from a beam in my folk’s garage.

Carl…