'86 xj6 starting issue? hot wire CSI? define acronyms?

I do have a new trick tho…I always cary a tow chain…so when my stromberg carb flooded at the light on Collage Avenue in FT Collins, CO… blocking traffic…I calmly got out the chain hooked it on the Lower control arm (ouch) and stood in front of the Jag holding the chain and looking at motorist…sure enough, Monster Truck comes yells out window…do I need a tow…smile “yes”…towes me out of traffic where I can work on carb…

IT WORKS…

really works well for my wife…red miata and all…

Jumper cables can be used that way to get a “jump”.

Tow “straps” beat a chain…
Decades ago, dear departed and I went to a big auto flea market. other stuff as well. especially a couple of stands featuring jewelry, real and costume. Wifey addicted to jewelry. buy, sell wear, swap a delight to her… Great for the both of us…

Well, I took my swap meat wagon. Older kid’s style wagon, but lifted and pheumatic tires fitted. Still have it in one of my sheds…

My find for the meet was a complete Model B Ford four banger. Seller and I had no trouble lifting and setting it in the wagon. It rode well.

How to get it into the IHC Scout II? On the way to the park lot, two guys with a jump cable over one’s back approached us. offered help in loading for a jump. DEAL!!! Out to the lot, loaded the engine., No trouble for two of us. I lifted 150 - 200 pounds??? Thence ftther out to their old Plymouth. Jumped and it fired…
They were hoping for a good starter for the old car. it did not happen?

Failing the jump I was prepared to push them til it fired
The Scout II had a real steel bumper!!! As did their old Plymouth.
Carl