Hi all -
Continuing my rambling on this topic. As far as cost, I paid $600 for the entire haul, which included some tax and mysterious “core” charges on a couple items. Also, to justify a little bit in my head, I counted 75 unique items I obtained, so the average is ONLY $8 per item. Reasonable for Jaguar parts - ha ha !
But mainly the price was a bit elevated because they charged “relay” prices for actual relays and anything that looked like a relay, for example, the handful of “bulb failure” modules. And they charge $5.75 per relay… so that added up.
Also, anything that looked like a “module” they charged engine management prices which annoyed me. But I was in line with 75 items they had to evaluate and add to the total… and there were about 10 folks behind me in line getting a bit annoyed. So I did not argue every item
Also, as far as everyone’s great suggestions in the posts, I just wanted to follow up because you might be thinking “Well, why didn’t he get what I told him to!?”
When I got to the car, these items were already pulled by someone who either had a project or they knew the value for re-sale:
- Dash top
- B pillar lights
- PRND12 shift clear cover
- Climate control amp
- Climate control servo
As far as other suggestions:
- Front dash - I plan to go back and get it now that I know how to remove
- Hazard switch - Will see if that still is present and get
- Wire loom - The engine portions were total crap. Rock solid wires that just broke off if bent… so not going to bother
- Chrome seat adjusters and speaker surrounds - Will take another look
- Wiper stalk - Will try to grab next visit
- Wiper motor switch - Not sure where this is… you said “behind battery” but does that mean inside the firewall accessible from inside the car… or is it that module attached to the inner wing “behind” the edge side of the battery
- Wings/bonnet - Could go back for those large parts eventually if value in them
- Seat belts - Will evaluate condition
- Bumpers - rubber and chrome looked great, so I would like to make that another visit project. Is there value in these or are they easily available already?
- Kents - The rims looked very nice, but again, costly to ship to someone and not sure they are “rare” and worth pulling
Thanks again for those with the patience to read my extended posts