'88 XJ-S V12 Hess & Eisenhardt Needs a Good Home

My XJ-S convertible is in need of a good home where a Jag enthusiast can give it the attention it deserves and get it back into top condition. I have small kids and am not very mechanical, so it has ended up sitting in my driveway and it’s time for me to let go. It is a limited edition Hess & Eisenhardt, which I understand are rare today. I would love to sell this car to someone looking for a project, because in its prime it was something special. The car ran up until recently, and I think it’s just because it hasn’t been driven in a while. It was also side-swiped will parked a few years ago, so there is some denting on the driver’s side, but I had the car covered so there isn’t any paint damage.

I think that with a little help from an enthusiast, it could get back into fighting shape and be a real head-turner. I’ve never sold or purchased a classic car before, so I would love to discuss the process or possibility with anyone interested!

Price: Best offer

Bellevue, WA (10 miles outside Seattle):

Contact information: smithjamestyler@gmail.com

Cost of shipping (if selling): Please advise if you’re knowledgeable in this area

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Hess & Eisenhardt is a name well known for armoring vehicles. They are in Fairfield Ohio. Is that the same company that badge this XJS ?

I believe so, yes. In '88 and '89 Jag wanted to experiment with a soft-top of their XJS coupe, but didn’t want to change production at their factory in case it failed to sell. They commissioned the help of H&E in Ohio to customize a handful of coupes so they could be sold as convertibles. As a result, those custom H&E models received the badge, and after a very successful sales run, Jag started producing them at their factories (I believe in '89). Unfortunately the records of this limited run production burned up in a fire, but some estimates are that fewer than 5000 were made, and that as few as 800 might be left driving around.