'90 XJ-S Convertible LH window motor

I need to replace my non-functioning LH window motor. Jaguar Classic Parts says that part number JLM11003 fits all convertibles from 1988 to 1996. However, a well-respected supplier in Georgia says that JLM11003 will only fit '92-'93 convertibles. As the motor, even used, is a not-insignificant investment, I would be grateful if anyone can shed light on this from their experience.
Thanks in advance . . . Ron

If you mean the main LH I’m pretty sure I have one from my 94.
Best to reach me via phone @6504551110.

Ron,
I have no experience with failed XJ-S front (door) window motors. Any front window problems we have had has always been problems with the switches. You don’t mention the switches. Did you verify that the switch was good?

According to my Jaguar XJ-S RTC9900CA Parts Catalogue the part number for the Left Hand door convertible window motor is JLM1496. It is interesting to note that the front window motor in the coupes have a different part number than the convertible, the left one being JLM975. Neither JLM975 nor JLM1496 show up in the Jaguar Classic Parts site, and as you mentioned JLM11003 is shown there as for all the coupes, convertibles, and cabriolets. I wonder why that is?

Hopefully someone knows more.

Have you considered taking it apart and cleaning it or having it rebuilt locally?

Paul

Paul . . .
Yes, I swapped centre-console switches, but the problem remained to LH door window and the LH switch successfully operated the RH window lift motor, so I have verified that the switches are good.
The differing parts numbers, plus in Kirby’s book it says that there were several different motors over the years, is why I’m reluctant to fork over several hundred bucks for a non-returnable motor.

equiprx . . .

Just got a picture today. If your window motor looks like the one in this picture, I am definitely interested. Please let me know. Thanks.

RonMcLeod

April 10

equiprx . . .

equiprx:

Just got a picture today. If your window motor looks like the one in this picture, I am definitely interested. Please let me know. Thanks.

RonMcLeod

April 10

equiprx . . .

equiprx:

Ron,
I tried to find the window regulator over the weekend with no luck.
I will continue to see if I stored it somewhere else.
I know I have other motors that you could cannibalize for the parts that are defective.
When Jaguar was using those motorized seat belts they were the same motor case with a different arbor.
I have one of those that is NOS.
If you don’t think you can do the conversion I can help out with that.
Stephen D’Angelo
1107 Galvez Drive
Pacifica CA 94044 650.455.1110

Stephen . . .
Thanks for your efforts to track this down. In the meantime I have sourced one from another
supplier.
Regards . . . Ron McLeod