95 Coupe front wheelarch rear stoneguards

Hi. I want to remove the stoneguards from the rear of the front wheelarches in order to clean and renovate them and be able to get to the inside of the front wings. As far as I can see there are only two screws and two push in firtree clips. Is removal as simple as that or am I missing something? Thanks. Richard.

. As far as I can see there are only two screws and two push in firtree clips. Is removal as simple as that or am I missing something?

Long time since I’ve done it, put that sounds about right. Remove the connectors you have found and see if it pops off. Repeat.

Ed Sowell

'76 XJ-S coupe, red

http://www.efsowell.us

Hi Ed. Many thanks. It just looked a bit too simple so I thought I better check.
Cheers. Richard.

I think your going to have to remove the fuel lines and some of the suspension parts like the shocks.
Since I no longer have mine I can’t be sure.

Trying to dismantle parts car. 1988 V12 XJ-S. How does one remove the distrib? I found one nut toward the front which appeared to be the lock down and removed it, but everything is still solid.
Reluctant to force anything. That usually means I’ve missed something and things end up broken.

Thanks, Harry Price1984 XJ-SC 3.6/five speed

You need to dismantle the dizzy to remove three screws inside, fixing to block

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Its actually the rear stone guard positioned at the back of the front wheelarch and there are no evident problems with fuel lines and the front suspension is much further forward. I think its just the fixings I have found that need to be removed. The front stone guards are done and were quite simple with six screws and two firtrees so should be ok but just wanted to check.
Many thanks. Richard.