95 XJR Airbag message

This may help you, though for more on this Google: X300 airbag light stays on.

From the Web:

Sounds like an airbag plug is disconnected.
Warning:

Before you do this for your safety disconnect the battery for 1 minute prior to troubleshooting the airbag system because it is powered for a minute without battery.

1.Check under the glovebox for a yellow wire that is connected correctly.
2. Remove the airbag from the steering wheel by turning the wheel in both directions 180 degrees and removing star screws behind the steering wheel and the airbag module should fall out and show connectivity.
3. If all connections are correctly connected then chances are the clock spring behind the steering wheel is broke from not removing correctly firsthand.
greene7845’s Avatargreene7845 , 04-10-2014 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by molczyk
My 1996 jaguar xj6 srs airbag warning light comes on while driving then all the dashboard warning lights will come on and all the gauges will jump for about 5 seconds then stop for about 5 minutes, then repeats the process all over again every 3 minutes.what can I do?

The airbag warning light stays ON all the time.
I am having this problem with my XJ6 question is if I ride around with it like this for a few days 1- can I do any more damage 2- is it possible for the airbag to deploy without being in an accident

I am getting an airbag warning light with the flashcode suggesting that the problem is at the clockspring/cancellation cassette. For some time (since I bought the car) when turning right the indicator doesn’t self cancel. If I have to change the cancelation cassette is this likely to also fix the indicator cancelation issue or do I need to replace the indicator switch as well (seeing as I will be in there anyway).

Thanks
jimbov8’s Avatarjimbov8 , 08-30-2015 05:20 AM
Many people have had this very problem and changing the clock spring will usually fix it.
That is what I would do first. Because of the airbag, make sure you disconnect the battery first but also make sure you have the radio code before doing so.