95 XJS Rear wheel broken stud

how is the flange with the 5 wheel studs removed, so I can replace the one broken stud ? it appears to me the studs in this case are pressed in from the back , and then locked in place with a X indent / swage on the head.

…very heavy duty hub puller/remover. It is called hub by the way :wink: you don’t need to take anything out to replace the stud. Use search option to dind plenty of details in this subject.

I tried and it seems to ressist my puller, this is the one with the hand brake shoes on it I have… different from the earlier ones for sure… it was making cracking noises under pressure… is it loctited on there ?

Our 91 used threaded studs. I suspect 95 also?

I ground down the backside of the stud then drilled out the old piece then used a Helicoil with red loctite.

InfoHere

Rich

Unbelievable to me, threaded studs, however I did give it a whirl… I ground / sliced off the rear of the stud which appeared to me to have been a factory stay in place punch ( a X stamping ) after it had been screwed in… I was then able after several drillings to actually turn the broken out the remainder of the stud… Cleaned up the threads with the correct tap, threaded a new one in with a coating of Loctite , initially tightening it up with a couple of nuts locked against each other till the Loctite set up…

Did the replacement stud have a shoulder or a stop design so as to allow tightening endpoint?

yes…for sure…swaged was the word I believe I was searching for to describe the X stamp on the back. !