A few photos from XK70

The logistics of getting two XK120’s from the Midwest USA

to the Cotswolds was well worth the challenges. The events and tours were total Jaguar overload. Phillip and Julie Porter and the XK Club crew are great people. Everything was very well done, and since we were the token American cars there, we were made to feel very welcome. The best part is all the fun people we got to know.

I didn’t take may photos, I think I was overwhelmed by the turn out . I took a few of colours I might be interested in painting mine .

Wonderful atmospheric photos, thanks for letting us “ride along”.

No…was somebody really trying to fix a flat tire with those goofy little tire levers in the tool kit?

Rob. Guilty as charged! But as you know, tube type tires break down fairly easily, and I had a spare tube with me.
The band over the spoke ends was twisted exposing the sharp ends for a 6 inch section. The wheels were new Daytons 5 years ago. I’m thinking I’ll check all the wheels when the car gets home. And install new tubes. Of course I’ll use longer breakdown bars, and I have a simple stand made for manually changing tires.
And the people on XK70 tour were all helpful, including a positive ground electric pump that saved me about 200 strokes on the XK120 tire pump.
Could we all have a hobby that’s more fun? Dave

1 Like

Wow, what a trip. Thanks for the photos.
Jim, that Willow Green example doesn’t look right. I’ve had a Willow XJ for 34 years, painted in 3 times, and know that it is often incorrectly matched. Get it right, and I love it. Good luck.
Rob

Lavender grey is another period colour that is hard to match. I purposely left the underside of the boot lid in the original paint just to be able to “prove” that the color is accurate. I did clear coat the body for paint toughness and have had some rock impacts that buffed right out.
I’ve never had much success with a spectrograph match of the small paint chips in the original factory. A 6” by 6” panel seems to be the minimum useful size.

Wouldn’t that be called suede green on the XK? Willow was an Etype color.

Great pics, and it looks like an amazing trip! I would absolutely lose my mind seeing all those beautiful Jags.

Yes Rob , that green would be a brave move, but I thought it looked interesting. I think I will go back to original , old English white . A friend of mine had an MGB in O E W and unless it was gleaming looked like is need a wash .

Here is an interesting color chart at the Heritage center. On the same wall as the original SS wood doors in my photos above.

Should not the Pumpkin Orange say 3.4 and 3.8 with’ 3 ’ carburetors not 2 ? Orange and Gold were straight port heads.

Morris. I agree with you. But standing there in the presence of the original SS wood doors with a starburst pattern, the superb 1930 thru 1934 SS cars, all the engines on stands, the wall size photos of the factory in early years, etc, its hard to point out minor mistakes. I was on Jaguar overload…