A Hole By Any Other Name

Hi Pat! You have just become my new favorite person!!

Thanks much for the photos and the insights. I hope you don’t mind if I pick your brain along the way. One of my current questions is whether or not the rear (of the) engine stabilizer still utilized with the (new) manual box if the rear trans mount is changed to a new or different style.

Thanks again,

Huff
69 2+2 in process of conversion to 5 speed stick from automatic

Engine stabiliser is retained and fits as standard. The rear mount depends on what box you have. Some are very similar to the standard part and pick up on the original holes, others, if using a getrag for example are a H section picking up on the two forks either side of the box. The adaptor is secured to the floor having first drilled through the floor. See below

eBay item number:202056290641

This shows a getrag bolted via an adaptor plate to the original bell housing which is what the engine stabiliser is bolted to, you can also see the lh fork which is one of two used as the rear mounting point:

1 Like

Got it. Thanks.

Nice car! It looks fast even w/o the drivetrain!

Thanks again,

Huff

I like the original disc wheels. D-type-ish. You don’t see those as originally fitted to an E-type too often.

This shows another car of mine with again a getrag but a different style of rear mount

And the finished car.

4 Likes

Actually I wanted to give the picture of your car 2 likes, but it only accepts 1x.

Very helpful for rough planning of locations and clearances and such.

I take it that the car was not an automatic trans from the factory gauging by the size of the tunnel so I should have room aplenty for the clutch slave and the like, I would think.

Again, nice car!

And, again, thanks for sharing.

Huff