A Modern 2021 Jaguar XJ-S

Concept is sorta clever. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Terrible. Looks like a Dodge Charger or something like that. Why the wasp waist coke bottle shape? No good. (I say this knowing it is not your work JLo, otherwise Iā€™d be polite, and the worl would be better haha!)

The XJS has a tailored look to it. Very simple lines, and not many of them. The body is taut, low, wide.

1 Like

You can always be honest I have very thick skin bahaha
The above concept does appear to look like every thing else. I miss when cars had their own identity.
Nothing better than seeing the silhouette of the XJ-S buttress and those distinctive tail lamps pass you on the road. It leaves you with that tingly feeling. (Or at least us jag-weirdos) like wiggles for instance :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Not a fan. My first take was also that it looked like a Dodge. Nothing distinctive about it at all.

Gee, I thought it looked like a Mustang. Front end, anyway. Agreed, though, no interest in it whatsoever.

Hi James,
Iā€™ll admit I find it an interesting attempt. People who try to recapture the spirit of a past ā€˜hitā€™ in a contemporary way always get my sympathy. A very prominent example to me: here is the mustang 1964

This is how Ford lost their way in the mid-90s as far as Iā€™m concerned:

But then I was impressed when 2005 yielded for the first time in many years something that did justice to the name:

ā€¦ The XJ deserves to be taken on that same journey as far as Iā€™m concerned. And while the above attempt is less distinctive than the original XJ, Iā€™d encourage the author to keep going at it!

cheers
Peter

1 Like

In addition, if Jaguar is the company where this:

turns into this after 40 years:

Then I can see the similarity in the reinterpretation of the original XJS that James showed above!

1 Like

Loved that 2005 Mustang! Theyā€™ve just ruined its looks since, unfortunately, although the engine has gotten stronger.

1 Like

Are you just gonna gloss over the Mustang II?

1 Like

Hi Kirbert,
What do you mean? You mean there are many more ugly mustangs between 1969 and 2005? If that was your message, I support 100%.
Peter

I meant this about the XJS, sorry!

1 Like

The flying buttress, arced tail and contoured hood were what made it looked distinguished and there is nothing to hint at those.

1 Like

It looks like a Mustang/Dodge/Geo , Lamboā€¦The in look :frowning:

1 Like

To me the front looks like an unwanted child produced by a Mustang meets newest civic nose.

1 Like

Agreed Middle to back of car similar to 90ā€™s Z Car. This concept is a real wildebeest.

missed this conversationā€¦ I still like Jaguar oval grillesā€¦

Iā€™m still trying to wrap my head around how Jagā€™s (Tataā€™s?) designers came up with the look of the XK8, being the successor to the XJS, as looking more ā€œretroā€ to the E-type ā€¦ :confused: XK8 vs. E-type ā€¦ Iā€™m just not seeing it, except for the fact it looks less ā€œboxyā€ and more streamlined than the XJS line ā€¦ :thinking: