A Rare Snow Cat

Steepest hills within a city that encounters severe winters for me has definitely been in Houghton and Hancock in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I spent a lot of summers there as a child and many winters snowmobiling there as my Mother is from there and the family had a cottage on the lake.
Awesome memories for me and a destination that we still try to visit once a year.
Great summer/fall roads for cruising in the XJS.

1 Like

Had an uncle lived on Houghton Lake, beautiful.

Aye. MY 53 MG TD did far better in the snow than I. I froze. it had no heater.
My 50 chevrolet was passavle. Easy start in the coldest f weather. the PO installed two 6v batteries, in parallel.

I usually took people up wrynose and hardknott pass for steep hills when I was in the area :slight_smile:
Quite and enjoyable drive, if you ever get the chance.

Move to Hawaii, I have a 4 Runner like you, when it rained 28 inches last week I was driving the 4 Runner as well. When you have to get somewhere they are the car to drive.
Stay warm Rob

Arenā€™t those '95-'96 MY wheels on her, Bob? :confused:

The wheels are off a early 2000s XK8ā€¦17 x 8 with Pirelli P Zero Tires

1966ā€¦ Marchā€¦ drove through the great plains blizzard from Iowa to northern Minnesota in a , 58 Corvetteā€¦ donā€™t know how we made itā€¦ that thing had no traction in snowā€¦ many deaths in that blizzard and we saw cattle frozen to death in their tracksā€¦ I had to wait several times for snow removers on the roadsā€¦ I donā€™t think I should have been there.

Many times, in retrospect, and generally, sometimes only hours later, I had the same thought about things that I had doneā€¦:roll_eyes:

1 Like