A request for obscure data one performance. Lateral G’s

For no other reason than my own curiosity I was wondering about the lateral G’s an XJS would pull on a skid pad. I haven’t found these numbers in anything I have read or though google.

I if the data does exist I would love to see any differences between suspension packages and perhaps models before the rear sway bar delete.

If you want to pull G’s on a skid pad, just change the tires and the anti-roll bars. Hence, I’ve never cared all that much about the specs, since that merely reflects the manufacturer’s choice of tires and anti-roll bars – which is rarely my choice. In fact, I don’t recall the last car I owned that stayed with the size and type of tires it came with.

1 Like

I already have different wheels and tires, it was more the nerd in me wanting to see numerical and quantifiable differences say in the packages the factory offered. I understand how to improve the grip practically but wanted more of a theoretical grounding. I just like data and being able to have numbers to compare and base things off of

Buy a cheapo g meter app for your phone, find a wide open parking lot…and have at it!

Yeah, I actually still have tires on my stock wheels to but there are nowhere near new. Still should be fun. The time to start this wouldn’t have been before putting in the anti-sway bars