A "Substack" post. And some thanks to the forum

A long time, since I’ve posted. I’m an occasional lurker, but I have greatly benefited from Jag-Lovers over the past couple of decades. This post on my “Substack” pays a certain homage to the virtual place here: What's this funny-looking part for? - by Mark R DeLong. Subscribe if you want (it’s free!). This post is a nub, in a sense, of a chapter in a book I’ve been writing, off and on, about cars, society, art, and the large tasks and responsibilities of restoration and retooling.

In restoring our cars to whatever level they can achieve, we do a certain larger service in society and for our wholeness as people.

6 Likes

An actual good story and well told. Five stars from this reviewer.

2 Likes

Subscribed, and enjoyed!

Human inspired me to get off my dead butt, and do some writing there myself. I might need some pointers…

2 Likes

Fabulous article! @Mark_DeLong, you nail today’s car club metamorphosis from yesteryear.

I’m scrambling to find Nicole’s avatar name on the Jag-Lovers site, as you references her and her inheritance of her father’s E-Type. We haven’t heard from her in a while.

And @Wiggles multi-state drive to give her assistance really dovetails nicely with this article. Very cool stuff.

2 Likes

It’s @c1nicole and she popped back on the forum a few days ago -

3 Likes

Right, thanks, Rob! @c1nicole, aka Candace, your ears must be burning! :slight_smile:

2 Likes