AC Evaporator replacement labor time

Asking for a friend with a 2001 4.0 S Type. What’s the factory and aftermarket labor time to change an AC evaporator?

According to Jaguar RTS (Repair Times Searcher)…

X200, 4.0, Cooling Unit, Evaporator Matrix-Replace 6.7 Hours Warranty Time.

To get a real world time we always quoted the Warranty Time, times time and a half.

eg. 6.7 X 1.5 = 10.05 Hours

Since I no longer work at the dealer, I would charge 10 hours for the job at my shop. There was always an additional diagnostic payment for .3 hours and then DRIVE-IN-DRIVE-OUT of .1 and anything else we could think of to get Jaguar to pay us more for the warranty repair.

Creative description for the repair and additional documentation could go a long way at enhancing a paycheck due to the stingy warranty reimbursement by Jaguar North America. (and all manufacturers warranty repairs by all automakers)

Just like any Gov’t tax calculation, I did not want to cheat, BUT I did not want to get CHEATED!!!

bob

Thanks for the time info. I was very familiar with the “padding” of the claimed times on warranty claims if the factory published time was unrealistic or unachievable. Most warranty times were figured on the best time a technician with ALL the tools needed could achieve after doing the job three times in a row after which he was very familiar with the task and had moved well up the learning curve. FYI, I was the Western Region Warranty Manager for BL and ultimately Jaguar Land Rover North America for my 32 year career with them. Checking around it seems the retail time billed is in the range of 10 hours.