Adjusting auto column shifter cables

attached is a picture from the MKX Service manual.

my questions relate to fine adjustment of the shifter cable

what is the function of parts 25 and 27 respectively?

after engine and GB R&R, the shifter cable does shift as it did before, however,
it still needs fine adjustment to be spot on, and also the pointer does not line up accurately with the markings on the face…not sure how to address this, whether by any possible adjustment, or just realign the nacelle slightly somehow, or just bend the pointer

a closer look. nuts 27 allow the outer cable to be adjusted, item 25, appears to be able to be screwed in or out (but I’m not sure)…this would alter the movement of the inner cable ?

Just thought I would add something that may be useful, and save hrs of labor.

When I removed the engine/trans, item 29 bracket got bent.

The Service manual is wickedly deficient, in that it does not mention at all that access to this bracket should be made via 2 “made-for-purpose” holes in the LH trans tunnel, under the carpet.

I did not know the bracket was bent until I refitted everything, and found my trans would not engage Park.
There is NO OTHER way to access this bracket with engine and trans bolted in place.

here is a pic

There is a another plate on the RH side of the tunnel…afaic, its only job in life is to give access to the lower Starter Motor bolt, which is WAY easier than 36" of wobbly extensions!
This is also NOT mentioned in the FSM
As the upper bolt can be got from above, SM R&R is quite quick

My car is a '69 420G…it is possible these were changes made from the earlier MKX body shell due to feedback from Service staff (which may explain why they are not mentioned in the MKX FSM)

I got lucky in being able to diagnose the problem, find the plates, and remove the bracket, re-shaped it right first time