Advice on modifying an XK120OTS Top Frame?

Hello All –

I’ve been in the market for a top frame – “hood sticks” in official parts book-speak – since late '16 when I purchased this car. I have the original side curtains, but the top frame went missing years before. I occasionally see later XK120/ Xk140 frames turn up on ebay and some vendors, so I’m wondering how difficult it might be to modify one of those to fit an earlier car like mine from late '50? Mine is meant to take a short hood. I gather one or more of the top bows would have to be modified and/ or deleted. Anyone have experience here? The car is being built up as a driver so I’m not interested in paying for a chromed reproduction of questionable fit whose final price would approach some aspects of my engine rebuild. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Try WELSH Jaguar.
Just got their latest flier, and they have one for sale, but if you check there web site, they have a couple if you know exactly which one you want………

I wonder if they’ll know the difference between the at least three different OTS types I’ve seen in the parts book? Regardless, thank you Roger. I will definitely give them a call.