AJ16 Coil Wiring Harness

Hi Gents ;

I have long been wanting to build a new coil wiring harness for my AJ16, and but other things got on the way, but I think I am ready now. I noticed some guys sell the pigtails connectors with wires on eBay, but I would prefer to make my own choosing the wire quality and thickness. The OEM wires are very thin, so that they can fit properly…I have ordered some SXL wire in 18 and 20 gauge. I thinking 20 gauge is the original wire. Any thicker than 18 and I won’t be able to use the coil cover as intended.

Has anyone tackled this?

Are you running your wires all the way back the the ECU with new pins?

You’ll want Sumitomo 6195-0003 DL090 Series connectors.

I can’t seem to find my book with wore lengths right now…you’ll need at least 5’ of wore for each run back to the ECS. I can’t recall what the length of the grounding wire was.

I was planning on using 16awg, so let me know how it turns out with the 18.

Vee yes these;

But I don’t think I am running it all the way back. I don’t think that is necessary at this point. Just as far away from the heat as I can…also it looks pretty daunting. What do you think???

Af far as wire is concerned, I will probably use 20 AWG which is what Jaguar probably used originally- There is no way those originals wires are even 18 AWG …The SXL wire I ordered (superior to GXL) Is rated exactly the same in the 16/18/20 AWG, and using something thicker will cause a problem trying to fit the coil cover back in and with space.

Those red circles are all grounds. Thats why they can all join together.

It’s the OTHER wire that goes back all the way to the ECU.

Each coil has a ground wire and and ECU wire.