AJ6 lumped in an etype or 120

I posted this on the etype forum so I’m moving to lumps to see if anyone had tried or completed this lump.

Is it still a lump if it’s a modern Jaguar engine?

There’s a Mk2(?) saloon with an AJ6 that I see at shows on Vancouver Island, beautiful job BTW

Yeah, in my view. If it counts?

But, the A6 is tilted in it’s door car. A big engine, I think. so,. aqueezing it into the narrow confines of an E tyoe or 120 seems a feat

OTH, Docc a past lister has a very “hot” SBC in his 120.

So, squeezes are done.

I recall a discussion on just what does a “lump”.
Or the origin of the term as used here.

It seems to be slang o any engine in whatever installation.

Side joke. I took my 94 Jeep in for it’s SMOG. Same place where my "lump’ fascinated the tech, and passed. “what engine does this one have:”. “Nothing special, a plain vanilla Jeep I6”. Yahoo, it passed.

Carl.

1 Like

Now, gotta pay the piper, Ie, the DMV. Jerry just bumped the fees. Gotta pay for his bullet train boondoggle…

Carl

Hi Carl
Yes the the Heretic 120 still pounds the pavement here in southern AZ. It has been joined with a Resto mod 1953 Studebaker Commander coupe…
The SBC is actually a decent fit…as I mounted it all the way back to the firewall…making the 120 a midengined car as the motor is well behind the front suspension…

Hope ou are well…and all the Lumper !

Docc:

Good to hear from you. I recall your post on going Studebaker. Loewy’s sleek design.

I was at the market yesterday. The parking lot is being reconfigured and buildings added. Good and not so good. Many stately trees got cut down. Shady parking spots gone. By a construction shack was a Studebaker. I’m reasonably sure of '38 vintage. but, a rare version. Ute style. passenger car body up front, pickup bed behind. A beauty in icy white. Lumped, almost for sure. Alas, my phone is dumb and the camera inoperative.

Me and my lump are fine. I still delight in hearing it’s just right exhaust. I hear it nicely even sans ear aids, off which I have a new hi tech pair. rechargeable, no more battery hassle!!

Carl