All wheel drive not working

Hello I have a 2006 x-type. has about 98,000 on it and as of yesterday ran great. Car runs fine but we got snow yesterday and out on some Back roads I was playing around and the front end is not driving. I only have rear wheel drive? I just put it up on my rack in the garage but I didn’t mess with it to much but I did grab and turn one of the back wheels and the front ones also turned and visa versa. This car is all wheel drive all the time correct. it is not rear wheel drive until the rear wheels turn faster than the front and then it engages all wheel correct?? what would cause the fronts not to have power? I am going to go out later and start it on the rack and put it in gear and verify that the rear and front turn but right now it’s a drippy mess lol.

How do you know the front wheels are not getting power? It is an always on system, so I would think there is no way part of the drive would shut down. I know mine works, as I got it high centered on a snow bank and watched plumes of snow shooting up from all four wheels.

The x type AWD is 60% rear drive 40% front drive and is on all the time if you put it up on a hoist you will find all wheels are driven.
Driving it normally in snow the x type is excellent however if you push it the back end will swing out.
Don’t forget to put the transfer case cooling vent on before the warm weather hits I remove mine in the winter around Nov and install after the snow in April and have had no problems with the transfer case, changed the oil once and have 240000Klm on the clock.
Enjoy the car it is great.