Aluminium half moon seals for V12

Me too John - seals and plug when you have them. No hurry.
ian.bruce47@ntlworld.com

Looking for something else, I came across pictures of my solution, which resembles what Kirbert has explained.
The ā€œclampā€ is made from a piece of 10x10mm U shaped aluminium, a suitable spring and a washer to disperse the spring load on the bung.

1 Like

Spring! Fan-ceeee! I just fabbed the tab itself out of some thin springy steel, tapered it down to perhaps 1/4" wide at the end that contacts the plug, curled the tip a bit so there wouldnā€™t be a sharp edge digging into the rubber, and bent it down just enough to barely touch the surface of the plug. There shouldnā€™t be any force trying to push that plug out; you only need the tab to make sure it doesnā€™t fall out.

1 Like

Have made another batch of half-moon seals. Iā€™m planning to add some finishing touches to them :wink:

What do you think guys?

1 Like

Looks good but isnā€™t the effort wasted because they are at the rear of the engine?

The timing chain plug would be good though

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

If you can do the same thing to a cam cover, people are going to start sending you their cam covers.

I know I knowā€¦ But donā€™t they just look good ? :))))

I think youā€™re in deep doo-doo. Youā€™re about to get buried in suggestions for other things to engrave as well as orders for everything from banjo bolts to growlers to lug nuts.

Oh yeah. They really do look great

Iā€™ve got a rear engineā€™d V12. Theyā€™d look purrrfect there.

I think it looks great, not visible as mentioned by others.
You can never have too many growlers, Jaguar logos or leapers. Well, actually you can. I have these on my headrests and on the sill covers.

2 Likes

New batch is ready!

4 Likes

Inā€¦ what?

Watch out for repeat orders. Thereā€™s probably going to be someone who already bought a set who wants to throw those away and install these new ones with the logo.

2 Likes

BTW, do these half moon seals fit an XK engine? Has anyone posted a notice to that forum that these things are available?

Would need a stainless steel polished fire wall to see them :slight_smile:

XJ13. You can see the back of the engine. Canā€™t see the front.

1 Like

Now you are just bragging :slight_smile: (need a green smiley emoji)

XJ13 had the mid/ rear engine, there are some reproductions out there.

Iā€™m aware: itā€™s what I thought, but I donā€™t assume.

A replica XJ13 might be one of the few toy cars Iā€™d consider, with Lotto winnings!

Now that there is available what amounts to a real one (one that is faithful to the original one), that Jones to have one is not getting lesser!

:yum: