Am I talking too much?

Over the past few days I have been involved in a thread concerning the full load enrichment switch (EAC 4371) on a V12 engine. This part is NLA, and is critical in providing “Piston Insurance”. I found a replacement switch, and posted the results.Overnight I dismantled the OE switch, and made an interesting discovery, which could save other V12 owners money, and much aggravation. As I attempted to post the results of my find, a message appeared in front of me telling me that (in my own words) I was dominating the conversation, and should allow more time for others to join in. I am more of a “rule follower” than a “rule breaker” so how much time should be allowed before continuing the conversation?

As far as I’m concerned you can talk as much as you want. This is a discussion board, after all. If you have good info or commentary that you feel is useful I see no reason to wait. Post away !

Quality postings should always be welcomed, no matter the time interval between them.

Just my two cents. Let’s hear what others have to say.

Cheers
DD

Dave,

A guy who talks too much? Well I never…

This is a built in “feature” of Discourse. The software monitors various metrics and interacts with you as you post.

I wasn’t aware that it actually stopped you from posting, but thought that it just pointed out that you might be dominating the conversation and informed you, but gave you a “Bugger off” option.

Did it actually stop you from posting?

Hi Andrew, Greetings!
It was a computer telling me off then, ok, I can handle that! No, it did not prevent me from continuing the post, just “discouraged” the attempt. I suppose I can get carried away sometimes, it’s been a LONG winter here.Best, D.

1 Like

Dave
Rogue electrons…they’re everywhere!!!
Glad that was clarified…I was interested in your discoveries…
Regards
Matt

Dave your posts are very useful, informative and much appreciated. The research and experimentation you recently did concerning a replacement for the out of production EAC 4371, was priceless. If the EAC 4371 fails, piston tops can melt. That turns a good car into junk. You found and tested an EAC 4371 replacement, and even posted pictures of it and where to buy it. Everyone on this site who owns a V12 that uses this vac switch, should be made aware of your find.