Amazed / horrified

Reading the installation instructions for AC…

Can you please scan and post this document for us all.

yes. i’ll work on this later today.

Incredible amount of pretty serious modifications to the car required for install.

bp

Does it call for a “hot wrench”?

I hope you all know this is not the stock/factory A/C…

LLoyd

Wherever space and time interact, there is information, and wherever information can be ordered into knowledge, and knowledge can be applied, there is intelligence.
Pavel Mirsky, mid 21st Century Russian General

Bill;
Your instruction book shows a ‘under dash’ installation not unlike the ‘factory unit’ installed by Jaguar ( probably the end dealer). It would be interesting to see the differences in the two installations.
I owned a couple of cars that I had this kind of installation and it seemed pretty clean to me.

Regards, Joel.

Where do the legs go? Stock AC is bad enough and looks just as out of place… should two holes not be enough?

This would be much easier to install.
dash%20fan

:blush: Phillip

Which is why I chose to go with [Clayton Classics AC](http://claytonclassics.co.uk/parts-upgrades/224-air-conditioning-jaguar-e-type-1-standard-fresh-air-system)

The “Miami Florida” on the cover says a lot.

My legs would NEVER fit under there.

Mike, how do you like the Clayton A/C? Is it cool enough? Thanks, Tom

Someone here in Australia was making an air con that fitted into a modified heater box. I got a price of a couple of grand while it was in prototype but I never followed it up to see if it was any good.

its very difficult to achieve this as the Evaporator volume must be large enough to match with the capacity of other A/C components…and it jolly well wont work properly unless they are!

1 Like

I’ll let you know when I find out. I drove the car for many years with just fresh air (no AC) and never found it terribly hot so I expect this solution will be fine for my use here and, in any event, some improvement.

You might find this interesting as a reference https://youtu.be/n4Q33J4g5a4. This fellow seems happy with it. His mention of AC is about 3:20.

For a moment there I thought of a drink that was on the market years ago. It was called Claytons ‘the drink you have when you are not having a drink’ a non alcohol ‘spirit’
Inferring a non effective A/c

That AC takes up no extra leg room at all. It is fitted ABOVE the standard parcel shelves and the LWB cars have lower floors to suit.