Andrew Waugh passes

Those who do not visit the PUB forum may be unaware of the passing of Andrew Waugh, a frequent poster here and Jag-Lovers administrator. More details and many comments in the PUB.

His avatar–I just found out-- was Isambord Kingdom Brunel…and there was a reason. Andrew was a Renaissance kinda guy, who will be sorely missed.

Very sad news , Andrew helped me out and put me right a good few times , a great lose
:disappointed:

1 Like

Sad news indeed; a kind, helpful and knowledgeable chap.

1 Like

what on earth happened

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theglobeandmail/obituary.aspx?n=andrew-waugh&pid=193764706

ANDREW WAUGH Loving father of two children, passed away on August 21, 2019 in Zurich, Switzerland. Andrew was born on April 3, 1963 to James and Patricia Waugh. He grew up in Toronto where he learned to play hockey and the chanter, dance the Highland Fling and ski. Andrew spent many hours building model airplanes which he then crashed on the flying circle in Centennial Park. He graduated from the University of Windsor with a degree in Philosophy and moved to Switzerland with his wife Haidi. Despite his choice of study, he was born an engineer and worked in computer security at Reuters in Switzerland. Like his father, Andrew had a passion for Jaguars. He was restoring a 1968 3.8s Jaguar and he was one of the moderators on Jag Lovers (forums.jag-lovers.com). Andrew read widely and was knowledgeable on many subjects, but above all, he was a problem solver who could fix anything- he often built the tool required for the job. His greatest love was for his two wonderful children, Christopher and Isabel, of whom he was so very proud. The family is grateful that Andrew was with his good friend, Tomi, when he died. Andrew was preceded in death by his father, James. He is survived by his two children, Christopher and Isabel, his mother, Patricia, and his sister, Jane Hoddinott, as well as his extended family of nephews, cousins, brother-in-law, aunts and uncle. All of us will miss his keen intelligence, sharp wit, self-deprecating humour and good heart.
Published in The Globe and Mail from Aug. 29 to Sept. 2, 2019

2 Likes

Me to Ian, Will be sadly missed by all on the forum. May Andrew RIP and condolences to his family.

1 Like

After a nice day full of work on a car, Andrew had a heartattack. He had a friend at his side, who fought for his life till the last moment. He died with motor oil on his hands at a place he loved most: in the garage
This is written in the name of Christopher and Isabel, his children

2 Likes

Really sad. What a gent. Full of knowledge and patient advice.
Dave.

2 Likes

That is really sad news, like many he helped me on numerous occasions , he can now help Sir William and Norman fix the Jaguars in heaven.

1 Like

My condolences to the family and friends. I met Andrew and his family (and you Robert?) in Zurich back in 2005 and stayed in touch by emails. What a helpful and nice man he was. I’ll have a drum of whisky for his memory, he was a whisky lover.
Köpi

1 Like

Just saw this very bad news today. He was a real gentleman.
We did not knew each other but he gave me so many tips in order to keep my mk2 running in decent conditions.
May his soul rest in peace and thounght and condolences to his beloved family!
giuseppe

1 Like