Another early 120 cam cover oddity

Saw another pair of early 8 nut cam covers today and the gasket area all around each has a pronounced groove that’s cast into the flat (not machined) to hold a rubber ring, except at the back, or a lot of sealer. The cast numbers are C2217 and C 2218. I’m still trying to learn how to download photos from my new phone into my new computer without joining Google and a cloud.

Phil.

I email them to myself. It might be akin to banging on a hollow log or smoke signals these days, but it works.

Same I find I have to only load one pic a a time and email them.

Hmmm. You should be able to just plug your smartphone into a USB port on your PC and it should show up on the PC just like a USB thumbdrive. Open it up and copy/move the files as you like.

This is definitely true for a Windows PC/ Android phone combo, and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on a Mac/iPhone setup as well. Can’t say about a Linux PC though I imagine it would work there too.

List the phone model and PC type and we can know for sure.

Dave

You‘d laugh. I‘m 23, not bad with computers and I do it.

1 Like

Y’all are making this complicated. Can you open the Jag Lovers website on your phone? Assuming here that you are not still using that1995 Motorola StarTac.

1 Like

Are ya kidding? I’m still using this…

Do any of you have a battery for my Jaguar StarTac?
And yes, for the new phone and the forum it is much easier to just upload it from the phone. Any other way doesn’t make sense.

Do I have a deal for you! Will this work? Free to good home. And I think this battery case snaps apart, so I’ll bet the internal cells can be replaced.

2 Likes

That will work! Thank you for looking in the phone drawer, I will warn my cousin and give you her address, and send you whatever shipping costs! :slight_smile: Transatlantic shipping is expensive, as we all know, and they probably don’t like Lithium.

The battery case can be opened, but in my case whoever opened tore the flexible film with the circuits out and I don’t know what’s what. If the battery ever gives up I’ll have calm hands.
I think our normal modern sim cards work.
Would be nice to have a simple flip phone just for fun (we had a rotary dial phone a few years ago, when the normal one broke, and guess what, it actually worked)…

I’ll PM you in a day or two!

1 Like

Well this is an a CDMA analog phone, so other than powering up, I doubt it will be functional as a communication device, but it is the only way to charge the battery.