Another Experience - Window won't operate

Yesterday drove the '99 XJR all over town with no difficulties. Today I start her up and find the drivers window will not operate. I could hear a relay clicking inside the drivers door but the window failed to move. The “Global” function would not work either…
After a short surf on the internet and several Forum’s a fellow owner, experiencing the same fault, disconnected the battery Neg cable, resetting the electronics. Tried that and it worked… Window operation was restored.
Another nail in why our cars don’t hold their value. Not reliable… How many times have you used the “Global” feature to operate the windows/sunroof? In all the years I’ve owned the XJR I’ve used that function twice.
If Jaguar wants to really become competitive, start by dumbing down the car’s electronics. The car’s mechanics are excellent but the electrical system is way too sophisticated and failure prone. My 2000 Chrysler Town & Country van has never had an electronic locking system failure. Can’t say that with Miss Kitty!!!
Today, out for a short drive and noted ALL the warning lights came on, tac pegged full scale along with the speedometer. About 2 seconds later all returned to normal. WTF???
SOOOOOO Glad my S3 OTS doesn’t have an OBDII plug ! ! !

Sorta Happy Motoring (with a cautious eye)

Dick

'74 OTS
'99 XJR
1947 Stinson 108-1 “Voyager”

I use the global open/close lots