Another new forum plus

Often having several window open at the same time on my computer I have more than once composed an incredibly in depth, earth shattering post (or response) only to have it cruelly erased before I could post it when I inadvertently shut down the forum window … oh the horror, all my literary gifts to jaguar humanity lost forever.

But now, NOT SO MUCH. I now find that when I sign back on to the forum my unfinished draft is still there
just waiting to be bestowed to ALL those members questing knowledge.

5 Likes

It is pretty neat.

The only complaint I have with the composer is that it can appear in multiple tabs of the same browser if you have various tabs open. When you finish and hit reply the composer in another tab ends up being orphaned, which can get a bit confusing.

It isn’t uncommon for me to have have the site open in various tabs on multiple browsers (Edge, IE11, Chrome), this compounded by the fact that I use two user accounts so that I can check things with my unpriviledged account.

On top of that, I confuse easily.

By the way, if the server happens to be be in read only mode when you want to post, you can always copy all the text from your composer window and paste it into a plain text editor (like notepad). If you save the file on your local machine then even if the server or your PC get restarted, you can paste the text from notepad into a new composer window… and the cool thing is that your pictures will still be there, even if they were screenshots.

Yes, I noticed that when I was writing the how to include quotes in your post. The editor and preview pane follows you around when you move to a different category and is waiting for you even if you leave and then return to the forum. But it won’t show up until you reopen that topic in that category. At least that is my experience.

For example I started this response and then closed the Jag-Lovers window. Opened the window back up, clicked on “Forums”, No editor until I clicked on “Site Feedback” and then opened the topic you started. Then the editor appeared.

But once you have started a reply you can go to another category and the editor will remain open. Perfect if you want to place multiple quotes from various categories and topics in your reply. And when you quote from multiple topics you will get a notice asking if you want to reply to the original topic you quoted from or the second topic you quoted from
You can only get rid of it by posting it by clicking on reply or clicking on “Cancel” right next to the reply button.

1 Like