Another source of brake Accumulators?

Jaguar Part number JLM1907 replaced part number JLM1461.

Options.

1. XKS.com
  2. SNGBarratt
  3. Partsgeek.com
  4. JaguarLandroverclassic.com
  5. Terrysjag.com
1 Like

Yep. I’d go for the $90 part!

1 Like

Alright, lets try again. The box says GM, but the part is ATE

2 Likes

The GM and the original

3 Likes

Installed in the car

3 Likes

Threads are the same?

1 Like

Yes, threaded together without issue

3 Likes

Looking at the picture, I’m pretty certain it’s exactly the same size as mine was. Mine threaded on perfectly too. Maybe same part different number?

Likely?
I should add a caveat to the term “original”, to " what was on the car when i bought it"

1 Like

This one showed on a cross reference.

http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/25528382.html

@Trainelectric while not a Jag person, i too am seeking another source accumulators for an early 90s euro car with ABS - 1991 Saab 900 - and i stumbled upon this thread. Curious if you happen to have/be able to get dimensions of the GM accumulator you got. Want to see if it’d fit in my 900 before i order (return policy isn’t so great…). thank you for your help!

Sorry, only just now noticed your reply.

Gimme a day or two to get the 10 minutes strung end to end.

S

If it fits the Jag, then it will fit your SAAB. I have a 1992 XJS and a 1993 SAAB 900, the two accumulators are interchangeable. You just need to take out the reducer from your original one and put it in the new one.

How much do those (for SAAB) run, Cosmopolitandude? :confused:

@CosmoXL that’s what i thought, but i wanted to check because i know the space around the accumulator in the 900 is somewhat limited by the fluid reservoir and the firewall, and I saw that this GM one is larger diameter than the OEM accumulator. also needs to be enough space to get it started threading it on the brake pump. @CosmoXL have you used this particular one on your 900 before?

I’ve not tried this particular item, I just know that the OEM fitment is the same for both cars.

I’ve just had a look at the installation on my 900 and you’re right, it’s pretty snug in there. If you pushed the loom back into the firewall a little more, then you might be able to go a tad wider. But it may be tough to get something higher to fit. The picture of the two units side by side, is not encouraging.

rough pocket tape measure sizes are, 4 1/2 end of thread to top of allen socket one top.

3 1/2 inches in diameter.

Have no clue what the 900’s space looks like, so you are on your own there.

S

It’s tight in there.

maybe just fit? But it would be a gamble.

Something to try…
Around here we have hydraulic shops, specializing in everything hydraulic, from hoses to fittings to pumps to installation.
If there is something like that where you are, you could try there. When I took my first one to them, they didn’t bat an eyelash. Wouldnt be exact, but would work.

1 Like

We have a place like that in my 'burb - “Hose-Fast” - that has been in biz a long time, and is popular throughout the Dallas Co. area. In fact, my tech bud and I were lamenting last night the lack of new “Y” hoses for the 5.3 air injection system, and he suggested we check there to see if they could fabricate us one, using 3 hoses of the correct sizes and some sort of “ocarina-shaped” intersecting piece that the 3 could be attached to with hose clamps. :thinking: Will let you guys know how that turns out, and if it works and is affordable maybe something everyone else can put in orders for from them. :+1:

1 Like