Another water leak

Well went to turn the car around , to start work changing the diff cover , and noticed some more water in the drip tray , I thought I had fixed that , looked like it was the bottom hose , but no , after having another good look , I could see a few beads of water on the Dis cap !
Only thing to do was take the stat housing off and have a look , all looked ok , no cracks or the like , so have refaced all surfaces , and hope to have it back together today , I do have a few of the complicated gaskets , but will make the first one that goes on the manifold ,

1 Like

I noticed a deep pit in the alloy , so cleaned that up and added some JB weld , Gasket made !

All back together , engine ran up , rad topped up , drip trays back under car , fingers crossed they will stay water free :blush:

Looks ok. Fingers crossed.

I think your car is a 240 with an xj6 3.4.

The engine in my 240 is coming out, over Chrimbo I’m picking up a 4.2 from a 67 Daimler, complete with 2" carbs.

I’m gonna be busy.

1 Like

Just a up date really , took the Jag out for a blast over to see my dad , about 25 miles I guess , drove like I stole it as normal , but only up to 70mph , yeah right :rofl:
Checked the Cat’s litter trays 48 hours after , just one drip , about the size of a penny , looks like from the rad drain tap , will keep a eye on it !

Thinking about it , its about the same place the overflow is from the header tank , so that maybe finding its own level :thinking:

Mine isnt leaking oil or water at the moment (cos its all drained).