Antenna details

I am looking for a picture of the antenna part that fits just inside the body of my 67 fhc. The part is missing. I would like to know what it looks like in case it is lying in a box of miscellaneous parts. Any help would be appreciated.

If it’s a common aftermarket antenna it might have parts like in the below picture.

The red arrow is pointing to a bracket that is curved on the bottom and allows for the antenna to sit vertically on slanted sheet metal. Think of the bottom of a rocking horse. Below, green arrow, is a cupped washer that engages the curved portion of the bracket. A nut is below that. tighten the nut and everything is locked into position. The antenna lead passes through the bracket washer and nut.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 135933

1 Like

I appreciate the yor reply. I have the original antenna, however you gave me an idea. After market antenna. Part might be adaptable to the original.

You can find “vintage” aerials or antennas on line

Make sure you measure how much cable you need to get plugged into the back of the radio. My antenna is on rear right, but you can buy antenna cable extensions. I cut a narrow section out of part of the rear body interior so that the cable lay flat, but it’s all covered by carpet or other interior material.

I looked for a long time to find a manual telescoping radio antennae for a restoration I was working on. The local parts store and on line offerings I found were all junk. I saw this one but it didn’t collapse so I didn’t want it for that car.

I used one of these.

Amazon.com: Metra 44-UL09 Universal Retractable Top-Mount Antenna : Electronics

Seems sturdy enough.

1 Like

SNGB have a new aerial available:
533aa7a9-de95-4829-9970-183afbdd0263

1 Like