Antenna project

I wrapped up my antenna project today. I ordered a couple different antennas both having the blind hole toggle bolt type of clamp. Out of the two (standard chrome fixed mast) and this one. I liked this as it is not tall and has a rubber (flexible ) base. Maybe to some, it’s a bit too modern, but, it works for me as I’m not attempting to be too much of a “purist”. Besides, other mods transcends me away from purity. Anyway, had to modify this antenna (convert the 6m base stud to a 10/32 base stud to match my existing cable. Yes, I was able to leave the existing cable intact. I haven’t tested it yet since I’m still dealing with recovering the dash top and Mile Eck has my clock. But, I feel confident it will work fine.
KenA '67 2+2 Pale Primrose
Before:

2 Likes

Both look good. My 2+2 is black so the black would not stand out and would be one less piece of chrome. The chrome looks nice too. I like how it tilts back. Let me know if would like to sell one of them. It would save me the trouble of looking. I will be sending my clock off to be repaired soon.

Hi Eric,

Yeah, the black does stand out against the yellow good or bad. The nice thing, I can easily switch back to the “springy” version too. This aside, I would give you the “springy” unit (for the cost of shipping), but, I was able to re-purpose it’s base to fit this antenna. Paul Novak (forum member) has the same springy antenna and switched it for a retractable antenna (mounted on the rear fender). If he reads this comment out of curiosity, maybe, he’ll contact you.

Okay got it. I wonder who sells the springy one mine mounts in the same spot. Thanks!

Google is your friend
I typed in “car antenna with spring at bottom”
Got too many hits to display here.
Prices range from $15 to $45

Yeah thats right google works great. Thanks…

Although there many, from which, to choose, having a toggle bolt style base cuts the file way down. There is only 2.5" depth beneath the cowl area, with almost impossible access, either through the scuttle or with the dash pad removed. Just saying.

KenA… I like your black antenna… It would look good on my black/red 66 FHC. Do you have an ID Please?
Thanks
Stu
66FHC Black/Red
1E33010

Apologies, if this is what you’re seeking…
1967 4.2 Series 1 2+2
The Antenna is an Amazon product that’s made for modern vehicles. It comes with 3 metric adapters: 6m to 5m, 6m to 6m, and 6m to 4m. Now, to confuse all of this, the antenna connection requires a 10/32 male thread. I fabricated a 10/32 male thread and JB welded it into the antenna, replacing the metric threads that existed.
This base is the original cable and is headed to accept a 10/32.

KenA
'67 2+2
Severna Park, MD

Thanks Ken… I note the necessary modifications. I’ll search Amazon for the product number. The image helps too. Thanks Again.
Stu

| KenAsh2 KenA
March 20 |

• | - |

Apologies, if this is what you’re seeking…
1967 4.2 Series 1 2+2
The Antenna is an Amazon product that’s made for modern vehicles. It comes with 3 metric adapters: 6m to 5m, 6m to 6m, and 6m to 4m. Now, to confuse all of this, the antenna connection requires a 10/32 male thread. I fabricated a 10/32 male thread and JB welded it into the antenna, replacing the metric threads that existed.
This base is the original cable and is headed to accept a 10/32.

KenA
'67 2+2
Severna Park, MD

Hey Mate,
Her’s the link to the antenna I used…

Thanks Ken…