Anti creep switch

hi has anyone got a photo of how the anti creep switch is fitted between the carbs on s type please… thanks…

This is the only photo that I have on hand. The switch is mounted to a bracket which is mounted to the intake manifold. The on/off control of the switch is established via the height adjustment of the threaded switch and jamb nuts and the plunger lever that is affixed to the throttle shaft that runs between the front/rear carburetors. This lever is shrouded by the switch mounting bracket in this photo.

I hope this helps.

Brian

1 Like

could someone explain something to me please. at the moment i dont have the anti creep switch connected on my car. i know how it works regarding what it does, holds rear brakes on when you come to a standstill off the throttle and dab the brakes. but what stops that happening say if you are going down major road and traffic ahead and you come off the throttle and dab the brakes to slow down. what is it that stops that from happening. thanks.

There is a second switch in the Anti-Creep circuit that is attached to RH side of the BW DG250 transmission. This switch is open when there is sufficient hydraulic pressure within the transmission to do so. The intent of this secondary switch is to prohibit the Anti-Creep solenoid from activating when the car is in motion as you describe. When the car is in motion, the transmission will produce higher pressure within the hydraulic circuit, thus de-activating the Anti-Creep circuit. When the car comes to a stop, the hydraulic pressure within the transmission will decrease and the pressure switch will complete the circuit and will be able to energize the Anti-Creep solenoid. The circuit will be broken when the pressure in the transmission increases and/or the throttle position switch is opened (i.e. you step on the throttle). The Anti-Creep solenoid will only work when the throttle is closed AND the pressure in the Transmission is beneath a determined point which reflects a very, very slow moving or idling scenario.

The pressure switch may be seen in this photo…It’s the round one located to the left of the Speed Hold Solenoid with the rubber boot on it.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

thanks brian that explains it perfectly. by the way love your nice detailed engine, above and below.

Thank you! It’s not this clean any longer…One needs to enjoy the car :+1: